Sunday, November 3, 2013

Teen Vogue Fashion University 2013

Last weekend I had the incredible opportunity to attend Teen Vogue Fashion University. TVFU is an annual event hosted by Teen Vogue that basically acts as a way for young fashionistas to listen to and meet industry professionals, from editors to bloggers to models to designers and everything in between.  Attendees apply for the program and must be accepted, we then get to choose which seminars we want to attend and before I knew it I was on the train headed into NYC.  Most of the other teens I met there were from all over the country (Ohio, Texas, Alabama, etc), and I actually didn't meet one other person from New York there, which was super fun.  

The seminars I attended were with the editors of Teen Vogue, Danielle and Jodie Snyder of (my favorite) jewelry brand Dannijo, designer Thakoon Panichgul, style icon Alexa Chung, supermodel Coco Rocha, the bloggers of Into The Gloss and The Coveteur, and editors of Vogue Phyllis Posnick and Eve Mcsweeney. 

There were also two shopping events, one at Express and one at Topshop.  I only went to the Topshop one, but it was so much fun.  They had a DJ spinning, an ice cream bar, a nail station, a station to customize your pieces with your initials, and a constant stream of mini desserts.  Not to mention a discount for all TVFU students (I may have done a bit of damage, but I couldn't help myself!)

After everything was over we all received our certificates and "graduated".  I learned so much about the fashion industry and met so many amazing people. The weekend was absolutely incredible, and I cannot wait to attend next year!



Because I had a front row seat at the Alexa Chung seminar, I managed to be one of the four lucky girls to score a photo with her (albeit a bit blurry)!



I scooted my way up to the front to try and talk to Danielle and Jodie of Dannijo for a minute.  If you know me, you know how much I absolutely adore their pieces.  They noticed I was wearing their necklace and had their phone case, and they were so excited that I was able to get a pic with them!


This pass got me into all my seminars and the Condé

 Nast building.  It had my schedule on the back, which was extremely helpful. 








I have made a video that includes a whole bunch of footage of the seminars that I attended. If you are interested in watching a specific seminar, all of the time links are in the description of the video on my actual Youtube page.  Enjoy! 



I hope you enjoyed the video! 

xo, Sophie

p.s. Today marks the one year anniversary of my blog!  I just want to thank all of you who have supported me this past year.  I have had so much fun and I have learned a lot, and I cannot wait for the next year! 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig