Monday, November 11, 2013

Let's Try Something New: Dark Lips












Madewell tee and sunnies, Free People corduroy jeans, Superga sneakers, Topshop jacket, beanie and rings, and Lionette NY necklace

I am one of those people who absolutely despises when anything changes.  I don't like starting a new school year, a new job, a new tv show. I don't even like changing the way things are organized in my room. I just like to stick to the old, the comfortable, the method of living that I know won't have a negative outcome.  Now, changing a lipstick color doesn't exactly seem like an extreme change, but considering I absolutely despised lipstick until about last year and since then have only worn neutral shades, this might as well be a complete life overhaul for me.

Seeing as this is new territory, I made sure to do my research.  I read a lot of blog posts and watched a lot of videos on how to wear a dark lip, and I found a lot of conflicting opinions. One of the most helpful was Michelle Phan's video on dark lips for different skin tones. However, I was still cautious, so I decided to go for a drug store brand instead of a more high end product in case something went horribly wrong.  I ended up mixing together Maybelline's Super Stay 14 Hour lipstick #100 'Wine and Forever' and Maybelline's Color Whisper #85 'Berry Ready'.  

Against my mother's wishes (which she knew I would completely ignore anyway), I wore the lipstick to school last week with this exact outfit and actually got a lot of compliments.  I think I might even wear it out again.  I would say, overall, my dark lips experiment was a success.  Have you tried anything new lately? 

xo, Sophie

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig