Thursday, May 29, 2014

#BeautyConNYC








Mink Pink romper, Francesca's cardigan, Madewell flats, bag, bobby pins, long necklace and bracelets, House of Harlow 1960 starburst necklace, Marc by Marc Jacobs watch

#BeautyConNYC!




Me with Sierra from the youtube channel sierramariemakeup!  She was so shy and grateful when I met her it was lovely to see someone so humble.




Me with Mia from the youtube channel mammamiamakeup! She and Sierra were both so chill about meeting us it was so great.



Me with Claudia (beyondbeautystar) and Allie (alliemarieevans)! These girls were so sweet! We had a mini photoshoot, and the four photos they took were made into a gif.




Me with Fleur from the youtube channel fleurdeforce! Fleur was one of the people I most wanted to meet that day and she totally lived up to my expectations. She was incredibly nice (and has the best sounding British accent EVER) and we chatted for minute about me wanting to study abroad in London!


Me with Arden from the youtube channel arose186!  Arden was hilarious and was handling the mini crowd surrounding her so well.  We obsessed over her Dailylook outfit together; she was just as funny in person as in her videos.



Me with Lauren from the youtube channel laurdiy!  I have made a few of the DIY projects from Lauren's channel and was determined to meet her. She has interacted with me a bunch through twitter, tumblr, and youtube, and so I already knew she would be super nice! We talked for a minute about one of her DIY's that I made and she was just super cute. 

Oops it's been two weeks; I'm just going to keep blaming school until I can no longer do so.  I have been exceptionally busy lately, but one thing I was super excited for was BeautyCon NYC.  BeautyCon is basically a makeup convention where thousands of beauty junkies gather together to celebrate beauty, buy makeup, watch panels, and meet some of their favorite beauty gurus from YouTube. The event was held at Pier 36 on the lower east side of Manhattan, and it was such a fun day!  For me, it mostly consisted of meeting some of my favorite beauty youtubers, watching panels, eating, and trying out makeup products; what more could you ask for really? 

The first set of pictures is what I wore to the event. It was absolutely imperative that I be as comfortable as possible, seeing as my day would span around 12 hours total, about 9 of which I was on my feet for.  A romper seemed obvious as they are just about the easiest way to look like you put effort into your outfit when you really did nothing, I needed the Madewell bag to hold my shnazzy Canon camera (I realized upon arrival that I had left the SD card sitting on my desk because I am a genius), and the wedge sneakers/change of flats were necessary for a day of standing in endless lines. 

I thought I would also include some shots from the event. I got to meet some of my favorite beauty youtubers, including Claudia (beyondbeautystar), Allie (alliemarieevans), Sierra (sierramariemakeup), Mia (mammamiamakeup), Arden (arose186), Lauren (laurdiy), and Fleur (fleurdeforce). I also watched a really interesting panel called "The Rise of Digital Influence" that was hosted by Elle's creative director Joe Zee and included a bunch of youtubers and bloggers.  I loved hearing what Kandee Johnson had to say about staying true to yourself and not allowing online bullies control your life.  Also at the convention were areas set up for Style Haul, Elle, Boohoo, NYX, Tarte, Bare Minerals, Wildflower cases, and loads of other little accessory and makeup stations.  There was also a dj and dance floor, and food trucks which were soooooo yummy. Overall the event was really well put together and I would love to go back next year!

If you would like to see a video all about my Beauty Con experience, there is one right here on my youtube channel! Were any of you at Beauty Con? What did you think of it? Let me know!

xo, Sophie
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig