Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Smile Like You Mean It








Vintage Havana top, Topshop dress (worn underneath top), Madewell sandals and sunnies, Michael Kors watch

With summer at it's midpoint, I realized the other day how happy and relaxed I am.  So I just wanted to wear something that made me smile even more, and I can never say no to a great floral print and my favorite color-purple.  I am also super into the reflective sunnies trend, and I like this slightly more subtle pair.  I got all dolled up-I even did my hair and makeup.  That's right; I finally got off my lazy butt and straightened my hair.  I know; you're just as shocked as I am.  It took a lot of hardship, blood, sweat, and tears, but after a half hour of washing, forty minutes of blow drying, and two hours of ironing (with an ice cream break to cool off, of course), I have finally tamed my hair for the first time in months.  And despite these pictures-which I am actually really happy with-I don't think I will be putting in the effort again any time soon. 

Of course, the day after these photos were taken, just as I was starting to relax and enjoy my summer, my schedule for my final year of high school was released and a new wave of stress and emotion has once again overwhelmed me.  Tomorrow, the common application-used to apply to the majority of universities in America-is being released, so I will probably spend all of august holed up in my room writing essays and freaking out.  

Despite the sudden stress, I had a really nice and relaxing July that has put a genuine smile on my face for the first time in a while.  I only hope august will go as smoothly.  How are your summers going? 

xo, Sophie




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig