Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Two Thousand Thirteen

I feel like everyone is writing about how amazing 2013 was, but to be honest, 2013 was pretty crappy for me, so I am not going to sit here and write about how much I am going to miss it, because I certainly will not.  The second half of my junior year of high school consisted of nothing but SATs, SAT2s, ACTs and AP tests, my summer was controlled by driver's education, lifeguarding, and the college search, and so far my senior year has been a mountain of college application stress, difficult classes, and way too many club and work responsibilities that I wasn't really prepared to handle.  Despite how much 2013 really sucked for me, I have really high hopes for 2014.  I am going to graduate and start a new life at college, and I can't remember ever being so excited about something as I am about that.  

One great aspect of 2013 has been this blog.  At the start of the year, I was only two months in to blogging, as you can tell by my terrible picture quality.  But I am sure you can see the difference when I finally bought a DSLR camera and got a little more confident in my posing abilities.  I have really enjoyed blogging this year, and I cannot wait to see what 2014 brings (hopefully some more time to write and post more often).  A massive thank you to all of you who read and comment on this blog, it seriously means so much to me and I appreciate every single one of you!

I hope you all had a better year than I did, and happy new year to you!  Here's to a better 2014. 















Now, I'll be the first to admit that my crap year was mostly my fault, as much as I would just love to blame my teachers, my parents, the system, whatever.  I get myself crazy with stress, and I make a big deal of even the smallest things.  My one and only new years resolution is to be better.  To be a better daughter, sister, friend, student, athlete, club president, blogger, human.  And I think that is a resolution I can actually stick to. 

Happy new year, 

Sophie

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig