Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Brick by Boring Brick









Urban Outfitters sweater, Madewell pants, Tory Burch flats, Forever 21 beanie, Michael Kors watch, Tiffany & Co. ring

I have recently re-fallen in love with the song "Brick by Boring Brick" by Paramore.  I have been feeling a lot like the girl in the song lately (i.e. stuck in my own little world) and I have decided that I really need to stop doing that.  The title lyrics basically state that if you build a house "brick by boring brick" (take the safer and more boring route in life), you are less likely to get hurt and be crushed.  Being a senior in high school, it has been hard as of late to stop daydreaming about dream universities, dream jobs, dream apartments, etc.  But I am terrified none of those things are going to work out how I want them to, so I think I am going to stop dreaming up big, impossible fairy tale endings and start making smaller, attainable goals for myself so that I can achieve each little one instead of being crushed when the big one doesn't work out how I thought it would.  Thanks, Hayley Williams.   

My little goal for today has been to get this blog post up before 4 pm.  And it is a surprisingly satisfying feeling to accomplish that, even though it is so small.

On a lighter note, guess who went black friday shopping and bought way to many things?! Yeah, it was me, good guess.  Two of the things I picked up were this sweater, which says je t'aime, meaning I love you in french.  The words are written in black ribbon and it was too soft to resist.  I also got this beanie which is surprisingly well made for Forever 21.  I now have a collection of 8 beanies and I am starting to think I might have a problem…

Anyway, I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving (and a lucky black friday/cyber monday), and have a great week!

xo, Sophie  

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig