Friday, January 10, 2014

Aren't You Freezing?!?











Urban Outfitters sweater and socks, LF skirt, Hue tights, Aqua jacket, Zara vest, Dr. Martens boots, Forever 21 beanie 

The question asked by a billion people when I walked out in this last weekend: aren't you freezing?!?  The answer is no.  No I am quite happily not freezing, I am actually quite warm in the outfit above.  When I went with my friends into NYC last saturday night, they all showed a bit of concern that I would actually die of being cold in this outfit given the single-digit temperatures in our post-blizzard environment.  But I can assure you, this is probably one of the warmest outfits I own. 

Let's start with the tights shall we.  They are thicker than they look and, with another layer of knee-high socks, keep me warmer than my jeans ever could. My Dr. Martens are equal parts warm, comfortable, and weather-proof, making them a must.  Moving up, my leather skirt does quite a good job of blocking out harsh winds and providing a layer of warmth for my stomach before I threw on a thick grey sweater.  Over that is a grey and black jacket and a very puffy leather and tweed and an assortment-of-other-thick-fabrics vest.  Just in case the frigid winds kicked in, I also threw on a beanie and gloves (the kind you can use your phone with of course, otherwise there is just no point).  

We actually ended up walking a few miles to the restaurant we went to in NYC, and by the time we got there, I was the only one of my friends that was not absolutely freezing.  I am quite proud of this achievement given their earlier concerns.  I'm thinking this is going to be my go-to snow day outfit, what's yours?

Stay warm! xo, Sophie


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig